Monday, September 17, 2012

Backyard - Before and Progressing

Sept 2012


When I survey the work done "on my yard" ... I feel like I had a Baby!
Started with a desire (to have a yard I was nolonger embarrassed by)
followed by lots of Swelling (financially)
and lots of Hard work (we did 90% of it all ourself)
and then it all ended in the Joy after the work was done  (deep sigh of relief and enjoyment)

 
 
 
 
Oct 2012
Before










       
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
    Before

my little Steel Kit Storage building ... after I cleaned the side by spraying it with clorox and water.  Yes, I washed the Storage Building.  :)






After
New Storage building and moved Patio set and grill next to it
 
 
  
  

 
Before

 
 
Progressing ... Grass 
 




 

 
 After and Progressing ...  I added a Crepe Myrtle  and I've painted those bricks (picture coming)
 
 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
2010  after some serious Tree Trimming
 
 


 
 


Check it Out ...

We returned to this house in 2009.  You know how it is when you "Move on Up" but you still have fondness for where you came from?  Well, we were *trying* to leave the First House to our son, to keep the House - in the Family.  He works in Corrections and with 12 hour shifts, he couldn't maintain the yard.  Proud of him for being Great at Self-Evaluation!  I have a few neighbors, I wish would do the same. :)



April 2009


Oct 2012

As you can see ...  I removed some trees and added some trees ... 


April 2009

Oct 2012

 
April 2009

Oct 2012















 
April 2009

Oct 2012


Sept 2009

Sept 2012


April 2009
 

Sept 2012


 
Jan 2012
the sod I had installed is still going strong!
Sept 2012


Installed Grass in May 2012
May 2012
Installed a Bamboo Roll Fence (couldn't stand the thought of "digging more holes"
and had grass installed.  My neighbor literally laughed at me when I had my tree limbs trimmed and when I brought home bags and bags of Peat Moss
"you're never going to get grass to grow under that Oak Tree
 
True but  Not True  :) 
May 2012

 
Painted Fence in April 2012
.
April 2012





I almost forgot to Show Off the Side Patio from the Master bedroom



Whew, I'm tired all over again looking back.  but Happy.  Very, very Happy!!












New Doors and furniture  2011


 




2 comments:

  1. That's the good kind of tired! Love what you did to spruce up the yard. Grass (and hard work) does wonders, doesn't it? It really looks great. I'm sure everyone is pleased, including the neighbors!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does! Amazing what a 3 year absence can do. I can't apologize enough to my poor neighbors. hahaha.

      Delete