Sunday, September 2, 2012

I was in the mood for Double Chocolate

Behr's Chocolate Chocolate with primer to be exact ....  the bright bedroom was a great look, but I wanted my Chocolate back.

My oldest son stopped by and he didn't even address it.  He just said, I'm so glad Football is back, all my male friends were on Facebook talking about Reality Shows.  I thought it was the end of the world.

Last son peeped in and said, Oh you're going back to chocolate.  I'm going to the Mall.

*"Mr Busy*  has long been told, he's the Ken doll.  Ken doesn't have an opinion. His job is to smile and wave next to Barbie, I mean Ms. Busy.   :)




I painted the door chocolate so it wouldn't look the room was filled with doors.  





2010:   I'd actually painted it Chocolate before (this particular color was called Cowboy Boot, by Valspar)
My attempt at creativity over the bed 


before I added the door and before I changed the bedding ... my old closet view




BEFORE .....

2005 to 2009



1990 to about 2005


10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful transformation!! I love the brown!

    Thanks for stopping by today!

    Hope you had a great labor day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love all the reactions. I sometimes think I should take a picture of my daughter's face with every single thing I show her. It would be hilarious to put them all together. I had a chocolate wall for a long time, finally painted it a sort of light aqua blue. Both ways were good. Hope you enjoy yours! Thanks for stopping in at Quirky Vistas!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, my kids will probably get together and write a book "O Lord, Momma's painting again, quick, Run!!!" ... hahahaha

    Thank You :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your interior design skills are on point! I need your assistance at my house! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looking at that new bedroom makes me want to curl up and take a very long nap. It looks SO comfy! love it! Chocolate looks really good in the space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very, very pretty.I love the colors!

    And are you planning on coming to the Southern Bloggers Conference in Raleigh, Oct. 12-13. Would love to meet you there!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy. and thanks for reminding me about the Conference. I WILL be there!

      Delete